VOR annual pass and VOR KlimaTickets
VOR offers its customers various annual passes:
- Annual pass from A to B (Strecken-Jahreskarte) can be used for a specific route and the resulting personal network.
- VOR KlimaTicket Region can be used for all trains and busses of
- Lower Austria and Burgenland
- VOR KlimaTicket MetropolRegion can be used for all trains and busses of
- the entire VOR region - Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland.
The VOR annual pass and KlimaTickets are always personalized and therefore not transferable to other persons.
VOR annual pass A to B ("VOR Strecken-Jahreskarte")
The price of the "VOR Strecken-Jahreskarte" is calculated based on the route selected (from A to B) and is valid in the respective personal network. Enter the start and destination in the fare calculator at preisauskunft.vor.at and select the desired ticket category. Prices and personal network are displayed.
The VOR annual pass A to B is valid on all network lines in the respective personal network. It is not valid on RegioJet, CAT trains, airport express services, Flixbus and tourist offers.
VOR KlimaTickets differentiate between two ticket categories:
- VOR KlimaTicket MetropolRegion
Valid on all VOR lines in the entire eastern region of Austria (Vienna, Lower Austria, Burgenland)
- VOR KlimaTicket Region
Valid on all VOR lines in Lower Austria and Burgenland (the VOR KlimaTicket MetropolRegion is required to use regional transport in Vienna and to travel through Vienna)
VOR KlimaTicket prices differentiate depending on the following groups:
|VOR KlimaTicket MetropolRegion standard
|VOR KlimaTicket MetropolRegion Senior*
|VOR KlimaTicket MetropolRegion Youth*
|VOR KlimaTicket MetropolRegion Special*
|VOR KlimaTicket Region Standard
|VOR KlimaTicket Region Senior*
|VOR KlimaTicket Region Youth*
|VOR KlimaTicket Region Special*
* Senior: from the 65th birthday on, Jugend: until the 26th birthday, Special: for people with disabilities (degree of disability > 70%)
Commuters with their main residence in Burgenland can apply for subsidy for the Styrian KlimatTicket in combination with the VOR KlimaTicket Region (form below in German).
|VOR KlimaTicket Region price
|KlimaTicket Styria price
For more details, please see the funding guidelines:
- Förderrichtlinie Kombiticket Stmk - VOR-Region (.pdf 168 KB, GER)
Application forms for individuals and companies:
- Antragsformular Kombiticket Stmk - VOR-Region (.pdf 95 KB, GER)
- Antragsformular Kombiticket Stmk - VOR-Region Unternehmen (.pdf 121 KB, GER)
One-year upfront payment
- The entire fare is paid once in cash or by debit or credit card at the point of sale.
- There is also the option of ordering by email, therefore the payment is made using a payment instruction, which is sent after the contract has been created.
- A transition card is issued for immediate use within the validity period.
Monthly/annual debit from account
The fare will be debited from your account
- either in twelve installments or
- once a year on the 4th working day of the month, using SEPA direct debit.
Annual direct debit for Vienna core zone (Kernzone Wien) + monthly debit region (regarding VOR annual pass A to B (Strecken-Jahreskarten) including Kernzone Wien & VOR KlimaTicket MetropolRegion):
- The price for the core zone of Vienna is debited from your account once a year, the price for the regional share in twelve installments using SEPA direct debit.
This option is only possible by email to VOR GmbH or in person at the VOR ServiceCenter.
The VOR annual tickets can be ordered using the VOR annual ticket order form (VOR Jahreskarten Bestellformular (.pdf, 143 KB)) or VOR climate ticket order form (VOR Klimaticket Bestellformular (.pdf, 146 KB)) at VOR and Wiener Linien sales points.
Your order can be processed immediately at the following points of sale (please present completed order form, color passport photo and valid photo ID):
- VOR ServiceCenter in der BahnhofCity Wien West (.pdf, 3 MB)
- Wiener Linien info and ticket offices
- Wiener Linien Customer Center (Erdbergstraße 202, 1030 Wien)
Alternatively, you can also send us the completed order form together with a color passport photo and a copy of a photo ID:
- by post to Verkehrsverbund Ost-Region (VOR) GmbH, Europaplatz 3/3, 1150 Vienna
- by e-mail (all documents as PDF and photo as JPEG) to jahreskarte[@]vor.at
Here you can submit the completed order form (including a color passport photo and a copy of a photo ID) for forwarding by the 5th of the month before the month in which your VOR annual pass is to be valid:
- ÖBB ticket counter (annual route tickets "Strecken-Jahreskarten" only)
- Ticket counter of the Raaberbahn
- Ticket counter of the Vienna local railroads ("Wiener Lokalbahnen")
If the person making the payment is not the cardholder:
- the SEPA direct debit mandate with signature on the order form and an official photo ID of the account holder are also required
The Wiener Linien annual season ticket for the Vienna core zone can be ordered (from Wiener Linien) using the Wiener Linien annual season ticket order form: Wiener Linien Jahreskarten Bestellformular (.pdf, 89 KB) or here:
- Wiener Linien information and ticket offices
- Wiener Linien Customer Center
You can find more information at www.wienerlinien.at.
To ensure the quality of your photo for the annual pass, we ask you to pay attention to the following points:
- Generally use a photo of the best possible quality (good contrast, no white background, no night shots, no backlit shots)
- Only use a photo in portrait view (passport photo)
- Image format at least 22mm/260 pixels (width) * 25/295 pixels (height)
- For the original photo, the file formats JPEG and PNG in RGB color mode are possible with a maximum size of 2 MB
You will receive your new annual pass by post before it becomes valid. A transition card will be issued for immediate use within the period of validity.
- Good value - VOR annual passes are the best value offer for all public transport lines in Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland.
- Practical - With the VOR annual passes you can travel 365 days a year, whenever and as often as you want.
- Flexible payment - you can pay in cash, by direct debit, all at once or in 12 monthly installments.
- Free dog transport: Your dog travels with you free of charge in the Vienna core zone and in the rest of the area of validity of your VOR annual travelcard.
Advantages of the Vienna core zone
- Saturday children's travel bonus: On Saturdays from 12 noon onwards, you can take your children with you on your VOR annual season ticket (incl. Vienna core zone) or VOR ClimateTicket MetropolRegion within Vienna (valid for 2 children up to 15 years).
- Free bicycle transport: Users of the VOR Route Annual Season Ticket (incl. Vienna core zone) or the VOR ClimateTicket MetropolRegion can take a bicycle with them free of charge between 09:00 and 15:00 and from 18:30 on the Vienna subway and on ÖBB trains with a bicycle symbol (REX, R, S-Bahn) within Vienna.
- NightLine included - With your VOR route annual ticket (incl. Vienna core zone) or & VOR KlimaTicket MetropolRegion, you can use all Vienna night bus lines and the 24-hour subway at the weekend at no extra charge.
You can also load your VOR annual passes into the VOR AnachB App and always have them with you on your smartphone. To do so, you need to register in the VOR Ticketshop or in the Mobile Shop of the VOR AnachB App.
In the Mobile Shop, you can now register your VOR annual passes by tapping on the header symbol (top right). Simply enter your name, date of birth and customer number (starting with 55...) and your network card will be stored in "tickets" and can be shown on your smartphone at any ticket inspection.
- Monthly or one-off direct debit
If you do not cancel your ticket in writing one month before the expiry date, a new contractual relationship will come into effect for a further twelve months. You will be informed of this at least 6 weeks before the old contract expires.
The new ticket with the new validity period will be sent to you by post in good time in the last week before expiry.
You will receive a reminder letter with a payment instruction at least 6 weeks before your ticket expires. Once you have paid the total amount by the 15th of the last month of validity (by money order or by paying at the points of sale), you will receive your new ticket by post.
Customer data (e.g. change of address) can be changed at any time. Changes to the area of validity, bank details or payment method can be made with effect from the first of each month. When changing the area of validity or payment method, in addition to submitting a new order form, it is also necessary to hand in the current annual travelcard, as this change automatically results in a new contractual relationship for a further 12 months. You will receive a transition card for the transition period. The new VOR annual travelcard will be sent to you by post in good time.
Changes to personal data (name, address) must be communicated immediately to VOR in writing:
VOR annual passes can be terminated at any time in writing and without giving reasons to the last day of any month, subject to the notice periods. A processing fee will be charged for early termination within the term in accordance with the applicable fare conditions.
Cancellation shall only become effective upon demonstrable return of all tickets allocated to the relevant annual season ticket contract at the time of cancellation.
If your ticket is lost or stolen, you must submit a corresponding loss report from the municipality or the magistrate or a theft report from the police. A processing fee will be charged for issuing a duplicate ticket in accordance with the applicable fare regulations.
If your new ticket does not arrive by post by the start date of the contract, this must be reported to VOR within 28 days. In the event of a later notification, a loss report is required in accordance with the fare regulations and the processing fee will be charged in the course of issuing a replacement ticket in accordance with the fare regulations.
If an order is placed less than 28 days before the start of validity or if an order is placed retroactively, the complaint period begins to run from the time of the order.
The employer can cover the cost of a weekly, monthly or annual ticket for mass transportation for its employees tax-free, provided that this ticket is valid at least at the place of residence or work.
You can find more information at: https://www.wko.at/service/steuern/Jobticket.html
ATTENTION: Early termination of a VOR annual season ticket contract can only be made by the cardholder or by means of a power of attorney.